Friday, October 13, 2006

The Clouds Have Parted

So you know the score...the run around, the bullshit, the "can I help you"s. Clothes shopping. Every man's nightmaare. And don't hand me any of that crap about the homo fashionista. Because I will not deal. I just won't. The fact is that I have not had a positive clothes shopping experience in...forever. Until today.

I have two words for you: Value Village. Which in turn brings me to one word: Mecca. At least if you're attending a party where the dress code is "whacky and tacky" and you're looking to go full blown. But even if you're not, this place is this shizznazz. The only workers are illiterate Armenian Jews with no confidence in the English language, the clothes are vintage and strictly classic. I scored the most rocked-out, booyak outfit ever (see picture: I'm the one in the middle). And didn't have to deal with any hassles in the process of securing it. Except for the uphill, against-the-wind, bullshit bike ride required to get there. But I digress.

(don't you just despise people who use the expression "but I digress"? I do.)

Mission accomplished. And done.

Beyond done.

The clouds have parted.

A postmodern masterpiece.